Warehouse Skateboards is proud to announce that we’re now selling Wreck Wheels. If you’re like us and appreciate a set of long lasting, flat-spot free wheels, welcome to the wild and wonderful world of Wreck Wheels. Made exclusively in the United States, Wreck Wheels uses their own secret “Ruin Formula” to protect your ride against the dreaded flat spot. Wreck Wheels come in a variety of shapes to fit your needs and skating styles, including both a traditional cut wheel (for more speed, control and stability) and a square cut wheel (which is commonly used for increased traction and control.)
Our Fellow American Skaters:
It’s that beautiful time of year again. That summer day where we all finally get a break from work, from school or whatever else it is that typically holds us back from skating the next door neighbor’s mini ramp.
Fortunately for us, 4th of July is coming up quick and the weather’s looking better day by day. If you haven’t stocked up on all of your American Pride accessories already, buckle up for the hook up, Brochacho.
Starting July 4th, Warehouse Skateboards is doing things the American way. Everything on our site that’s red, white or blue will be on sale for 10% off. On top of that we’re going to send it to you for FREE when you spend $89+ as long as you’re in the good ole’ U.S of A.
There’s nothing more satisfying than getting out for a skate with a group of people who love skateboarding—friends, strangers, family. You’ve got seasoned skaters encouraging the young. Good skaters offering tips, the dedicated showing resilience and determination. Everyone’s welcoming. Go Skateboarding Day is a statement to what we love most about the sport, and a testament to the creative celebration of independence skateboarding continues to be.
Go Skateboarding Day is every June 21, and is an official holiday put together by the International Association of Skateboard Companies (IASC). Go Skateboarding Day began in 2004 as an excuse for skateboarders to drop everything—all commitments—and skate. (Yeah—we do that all the time. But who doesn’t love a holiday?).
It’s become a global movement with thousands of events put together by retailers, manufacturers, distributors, skate parks, community organizations, and individuals of all shapes and sizes. Go Skateboarding Day started with a few simple skate sessions and BBQs held in skateboarding’s unofficial capital, southern California, and picked up momentum over time across the globe.
If you’re lucky enough to call NYC, LA, DC or Chicago your home stomping grounds, then expect a day filled with best trick contests, pro sightings, games of S.K.A.T.E and an endless amount of pizza and munchies. Of course if you don’t live in one of these cities, check with your local skate shop to see what’s going down in your neck of the woods. If you live outside of the U.S, Nike SB has funded major events in Mexico, Spain, Germany, UK, Australia, Paris and Brazil. We’re stoked for this Saturday, and can’t wait to meet new people and ride.
From the IASC website on Go Skateboarding Day:
Skateboarders around the globe will celebrate the pure exhilaration, creativity, and spirit of one of the most influential activities in the world by blowing off all other obligations to go skateboarding. We know most skateboarders do this every day of their lives, but this is just one more reason to blow off your television/computer/video games and go skateboarding!
You can check out the activity on social media by using the official hashtag #goskateboardingday and also #skateeverydamnday. There’s an official Facebook page called Go Skateboarding Day that’s definitely worth checking out. Nike Skateboarding has an awesome live feed that follows the hashtag on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Vine. There are already over 50,000 tweets, 85,000 photos on Instagram, 2,000 Facebook posts, and 500 vine videos. If you’ve contributed, or plan to, tag us on one of our outlets. We’d love to see what you guys are doing—and bonus points for videos!
To celebrate Go Skateboarding Day, head over to your local skate park. Discover new places. Check out the scene, learn how to skateboard, or try some new tricks! Stay true to what it’s all about—community, respect, and fun. Have a blast!
Warehouse Skateboards is your one-stop-shop for all things skateboards. We carry all of the tools and parts you need to build a custom skateboard. Building a custom complete should be existing—not stressful. Here’s all the good stuff you’ll need to build a complete skateboard:
- A skateboard deck is the flat board you stand on when skateboarding. Visit the Warehouse blog for more information on how to choose the right skateboard deck!
Skateboard Trucks (two trucks)
- You’ll need two skateboard trucks to mount the underside of your skateboard to keep your wheels and bearings safely attached. Warehouse Skateboards carries skateboard trucks in lots of sizes and colors, and we have a huge selection of your favorite skateboard brands
Skateboard Wheels (four wheels)
- Y’all know what skateboard wheels are for, but do you know that sizes and durability levels determine how fast you can go? Check out our skateboard wheels buying guide to learn more about diameter and durometer.
Skateboard Bearings (Two per wheel, eight total)
- From steel and ceramic bearings, the Warehouse Skateboards bearings collection definitely has styles for all riders. If you’re having trouble choosing which bearings are right for you, take a look at the bearing buying guide.
Skateboard Hardware (set of eight bolts and nuts)
- Hardware connects skateboard trucks to the skateboard deck. Hardware is sold in sets of eight, but you can always purchase parts individually as needed. Our skateboard hardware selection has the sizes and colors from the brands to you. Stock up!
Skateboard Grip Tape
- Straightforward, and you know it. Get the traction and grip you need to stay on your board! Most riders rely on brand preference—no technical info here!
Riser Pads (Set of two)
- No one wants to wipe out. Wheel bite (what happens when you don’t have riser pads!) suddenly stops the wheel’s motion. You can pick whether or not you want to user riser pads for your skateboard—but keep in mind that riser pads give you extra pop!
If you’re ever unsure about what you need to build an awesome skateboard complete, check out the Warehouse Skateboards Buying Guides. We’ve got some tips and tricks there for you with some video tutorials. #Goskate!
Almost Skateboards was founded by professional skateboarders Daewon Song and Rodney Mullen in 2003. The two skaters got together and began talking about creating something different, and finally came up with the name “Almost a skateboard company.” Ever since they’ve been focusing on products that are fun and creative.
Almost produces some of the highest quality decks on the market using epoxy resin. They feature a variety of skateboard construction technology, including:
Impact Support Skateboard Construction
Double Impact Skateboard Construction
Uber Light Skateboard Construction
Impact Plus Skateboard Construction
Resin 7 Skateboard Construction
Resin 8 Skateboard Construction
You can purchase Almost decks, completes, hardware and more online at Warehouse Skateboards, where skaters come first!
Team Riders: Rodney Mullen, Daewon Song, Chris Haslam, Cooper Wilt, Lewis Marnell and Willow