When choosing a skateboard truck, you want to consider width and height.
Your skateboard truck should match your deck in size. Skateboard deck sizes vary from 7.45 to 8.5 inches in street skating. Measure the body of the truck to get the info you need to determine if it will fit your deck.
- 5″ Hanger / 129mm / 7.75″ Axle skateboard trucks fit decks from 7.5 to 8 inches.
- 5.25″ Hanger / 139mm / 8.0″ Axle skateboard trucks fit decks from 8 to 8.5 inches.
For skateboard decks 9 inches and above made for street cruising, ramp, and pool skating, you’ll need a larger truck
- For decks 8.5 to 9 inches, use a 149mm skateboard truck.
- For decks 9 to 10 inches, use a 169mm truck.
- For decks 10 inches and above, use a 215mm skateboard truck.
The height of your truck will affect what you can do with the board. If you want more stability for flip tricks, a low skateboard truck and small wheels are your best bet. For cruising and speed, you need a higher skate truck to accommodate large wheels. If you’re a beginner, stick with a standard medium truck.
Check out the available skateboard trucks at Warehouse Skateboards!